Senior Seasons Academy
Sept. 17– Oct. 22
Join us at 9:15 am in Peeler Hall for coffee, fellowship, gentle stretches and prayer before class starts.
Bonus Course: Stretch, Balance & Breathe
with Judy Childress
Begin each day with gentle stretches to increase circulation and energy before a day of seated activities. Everyone welcome!
Morning Course: 10-11:30 am
with Pastor Rhodes Woolly
Enjoy a lunch from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm in Peeler Hall
(Meal available for a fee or bring your own.)
Afternoon Courses: 12:30-2 pm
“Let’s Get Healthy and Stay Healthy”
The Health Care Committee of St. John’s Lutheran Church is excited to partner with the Senior Seasons Academy to provide a six-week course focusing on health and wellness. Come explore ways to maintain, improve and sustain your personal health.
- Moving for Health – The importance of exercise, balance and strength; fall prevention; rehabilitation options to restore health and – independence with a local physical therapist. (Sept. 17)
- Nutrition, Fitness, Sleep, and Your Brain Health – The importance of rest, sleep and mental activity for overall health with Cyndi Osterhus. (Sept. 24)
- Taking Responsibility for Your Own Health – safe medication management; home first aid; and preparing your home for emergencies with Lynn Denker, RN. (Oct. 1)
- Novant Health Rowan Medical Center – Future Wallace Cancer Center. What will this center do for our community? With Diane Scott and Bill Graham. (Oct. 8)
- Rowan County Cares for Us! – Services and programs available in our community for senior adults to maintain and enjoy a healthy lifestyle, featuring Ester Marsh, as well as, guest speakers from J. F. Hurley YMCA and Rufty-Holmes Senior Center. (Oct. 15)
- Fun and Games for Healthy Living. – with Lynn Denker. (Oct. 22)
Cost is $30 per person for both sessions; $20 per person for one session. Lunch is $5 per week.