Child Development Center (CDC)
Welcome! We are happy that you are interested in learning more about the St. John’s Child Development Center (CDC).
The CDC is dedicated to providing quality childcare to all children, with qualified staff members who provide developmentally appropriate activities in a kind, loving environment with individual and small group attention. The CDC promotes the nurturing of children spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and physically, each and every day.
The mission of the Child Development Center of St. John’s Lutheran Church is to be Christ-centered in offering a quality child enrichment program.
Our Core Values
• We are a Christ-centered environment that develops faith in God among students, staff and the community
• We are a safe haven for children to be nurtured and develop their God given potential
• We are committed to building an age appropriate foundation for learning
• We nurture love of learning, foster curiosity, promote creativity and seek to maximize every child’s gifts and talents
• We are a family believing that all children are a gift from God
• We develop positive relationships with families by gaining trust through quality care
• We celebrate diversity and cultivate respect and compassion among students, staff and community
• We are good stewards of all that God has given us
The goal of The Creative Curriculum® is to help children become independent, self-confident, inquisitive and enthusiastic learners by actively exploring their environment. The curriculum identifies goals in all areas of development: Social/Emotional, Cognitive, Physical and Language.
St. John’s Child Development Center has two NCPK classrooms and have the ability to enroll up to 26 children each school year.
The NC Pre-K Program is designed to provide high-quality educational experiences to enhance school readiness for eligible four-year-old children. The NC Pre-K Program Requirements are built on the National Education Goals Panel’s premise that to be successful academically in school, children need to be prepared in all five of the developmental domains that are critical to children’s overall well-being and success in reading and math as they enter school:
- Approaches to play and learning
- Emotional and social development
- Health and Physical Development
- Language development and communication
- Cognitive development
Hours of Operation
6:30 am - 6 pm
Rates (per week)
$150 Three's & Up
St. John's CDC
300 West Innes Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
St. John's CDC has a waiting list. You can get a waiting list form from our office or fill it out online by clicking the button below.