“For every thing there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”
Senior Seasons is a ministry of St. John's Lutheran Church, open to anyone in the community. The ministry provides fun and meaningful opportunities to senior adults who wish to grow and serve God's kingdom through personal enrichment, education, healthy living, travel, and community service.
For additional information about any of our programs or to receive the weekly email blast, please contact Diane Poole, Director of Senior Adults.
Events & Trips
Join us for fellowship, laughter, good food and fun! Some events are right here at St. John's, while others are area day trips or 3-4 day bus trips to entertaining and interesting locations.
All Bible studies, Lunch-N-Learns, and events are currently online via zoom.
The Academy at St. John’s is an initiative of Senior Seasons Ministry. The Academy schedule offers a variety of educational courses and activities in the areas of spiritual growth, community service, personal enrichment, healthy living, and FUN!
Winter Academy, a 4-week series, is scheduled for Tuesdays, Feb. 1, 8, 15, & 22.
Morning Bible Study: 10-11:30 am
Pastor Rhodes Woolly will teach a bible study the Apostle's Creed.
- Week 1 — background, history, and importance of creeds
- Week 2 — the 1st Article of the Creed: God as creator
- Week 3 — the 2nd Article of the Creed: the essential nature of Jesus
- Week 4 — the 3rd Article of the Creed: the essential nature of the church
Lunch 11:30am -12:30pm
Afternoon Class: 12:30 pm-2 pm
- February 1: Marjorie J. Brown, Attorney specializing in Elder Law & Estate Planning
- February 8: Lynn Denker, Health Ministry Co-Chair, who will speak about plans for the new Faith, Activity, and Nutrition Program that the Health Ministry Team will roll out later this year. Also, she will share about the new walking map, encompassing some of the Bell Tower Park, that has been developed.
- February 15: Dennis Rogers and JoDella Sickles, who are experts in the field of older adult insurance benefits
- February 22: Kara K. Lemon, MSW, LCSW, CDP, of the NC Geriatric Adult Mental Health Specialty Team
Seasons Gifts is located in the Upper Level of the Faith Center. Celebrate First Communion, Baptism, holidays, and birthdays. Find baby gifts, cards for all occasions, jewelry, scarves, sympathy gifts, and specialty items.
Proceeds support our Senior Seasons ministry, and the shop features items donated by members of St. John’s and purchased from our mission partners. Not only are you purchasing a gift to support the Senior Seasons Ministry but you are also supporting life-changing global ministry efforts! Senior adult volunteers run the shop. We add new items each season.