Senior Seasons Academy
Join us at January 22- February 26, 9:30 am in Peeler Hall for coffee, fellowship, gentle stretches and prayer before class starts.
Morning Course: 10-11:30 am
“Praying through the Psalms”
with Pastors Rhodes Woolly and Laura Henrik
For centuries, the psalms have been used as a prayer book for people of faith. In this class, we’ll take a close look at some of the most familiar psalms and consider ways that modern-day Christians can use them as models for prayer, confession, and honest conversation with God.
Enjoy a lunch from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm in Peeler Hall
(Meal available for a fee or bring your own.)
Afternoon Courses: 12:30-2 pm
49 Days of Gratitude
We will hear from different speakers and entertainers each week, following the theme of the 49 Days of Gratitude; classes include:
- Bullet Journaling to avoid information overload and manage a flurry of tasks, requests, and data coming our way
- Phoenix Readers: 40 Minute performance of “The Great Way,” based on WWI.
- WWII history with Jack and Jill Connery
- All Things French
- African American Involvement in WWII – Sharon Grant, Ph.D. of Hood Theological Seminary, will lead a panel discussion.
- Field Trip to Transportation Museum’s Tuskegee Exhibit
Cost is $30 per person for both sessions; $20 per person for one session. Lunch is $5 per week.