By Susan Shinn Turner
The third-annual State of the Church meeting is set for Wednesday, April 25 at 5:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
“We’ve had great attendance at these gatherings and a lot of enthusiasm,” Pastor Rhodes says. “It provides space for us to understand the broader ministry of the church, to engage in some fellowship, and to be honest with one another as we share the needs of the church.”
The primary focus of this year’s event is discussion of Phase 2 of the Generation to Generation campaign, Pastor Rhodes says. “A unique part of this gathering is that we want the congregation to share their input as to what our Phase 2 priorities should be. After the presentation, members will be asked to list what they consider to be priorities for this next phase. It’s not a vote — we’re certainly not at that place yet — but it’s important input as to which projects we should tackle first.”
- renovation of the fellowship hall to include a commercial kitchen
- renovation of the interior space of the Child Development Center and relocation and renovation of its playground
- renovation of the sanctuary with new carpeting and pew cushions, floor repair, and a new sound system
- installation of new handicapped-accessible restrooms on the sanctuary level
- renovation of the music wing in the sanctuary building
- renovation of the third floor in the sanctuary building
Phase 2 projects already complete include the narthex renovation in the sanctuary, the renovation of the front steps, and a new nursery to serve the sanctuary.
Of Phase 2, Pastor Rhodes says, “This is a project that allows us to be good stewards of a space where future ministry can and will happen.”
To RSVP for the State of the Church event, which includes dinner, please contact the church office.